Carlisle Events Racing is proud to announce the formation of a Corvette Endurance Race Team, racing for the first time June12-13 at the SCCA 12-hour Endurance Race at Summit Point Motorsports Park in Summit Point, WV.
Running at the Point – The 12 Hours at the Point is an endurance race for sports cars and sedans hosted by the Washington Region of the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA). 12 Hours at the Point is one of three events that comprise the Triple Crown of SCCA amateur endurance racing
and is also the oldest perennial SCCA-sanctioned endurance race. The Carlisle team will be one of the few Corvette teams ever to participate but ready to face the Mazda RX7s, Porsche 993s and Ferrari 348s that have won the race in the past.
Found in the Desert - The two Corvettes that will be raced by Carlisle Events Racing have their own unique history. For the first part of their life they were driven by students of the Bondurant School of High Performance Driving in Phoenix, Arizona. According to maintenance records, the C5 Corvettes were also used by GM Performance in testing their high performance and racing parts.
The Drivers - One of the two Corvette Z06’s that will be raced during the 12 hour Summit Point event will be driven by Bill Miller III, Todd Sprinkle and Lance Miller. The other will be driven by select drivers that will be announced at a later date.
Winning for a Cause – In March of 2004, Chip Miller, Carlisle Events’ Co-Founder & Corvette race enthusiast, passed away from the little known disease amyloidosis. The Chip Miller Charitable Foundation was formed shortly thereafter to help spread awareness of this disease and raise money for educational and research purposes. It is the number one goal of the Carlisle Events Racing to use the Corvette endurance team as a high-profile method to call attention to a dreadful illness that can kill within 18 to 24 days. As stated by owner/driver and son of Chip, Lance Miller, “The number one goal of the Carlisle Events Corvette Endurance Race Team is to help spread awareness of amyloidosis and raise money for educational and research purposes. Goal number two: WIN RACES!”
JOIN US AT THE RACE! Choose one of the packages below for a weekend of fun, fuel and speed:Summit Point Gold Package | $149:
• Two (2) general admission passes to the 12 Hour Summit Point race, qualifying & practice
• Two (2) general admission bands for the all you can eat catered buffet, all you can drink soda and water and a (3) beer voucher for 21 years and older registrants
• A parking spot near the hospitality area in the paddock
• A chance to meet with the drivers during the race
• Two (2) special 12 hour Summit Point race hats
• Two (2) General 2009 Admission Tickets to your choice of event hosted by Carlisle EventsSummit Point Platinum Package | $299:
ALL of the items in the Gold Package PLUS:
• A one (1) night stay at the newly renovated and very beautiful George Washington historical hotel
• An evening reception for two (2) that includes hors d’oeuvres and cash bar
• A Chip Miller Charitable Foundation Tie with the C5R Corvette (to the first 30 registrants)
• A Chip Miller Charitable Foundation Scarf with the C5R Corvette (to the first 30 registrants)Click here to register
Special thanks to our sponsors: Lawrence Chevrolet, Mechanicsburg Sports Car Center, Carlisle Events, and Speed.com Communications.